Saturday, August 3, 2024

Zucchini Salsa -Doctored Store Bought Salsa, End of July Garden & Barbie...

2024 will not go down as the Year of Zucchini in the PIM raised bed garden, but... I did have a half of a zuke leftover in the fridge and decided to doctor store bought salsa to use it up. I simply grated the zucchini, wrung some of the liquid out in a dish towel, and mixed it half and half to make this Zucchini Salsa snack. It added a little freshness and ~maybe~ made it a tad more healthy:@) 

Thought I'd share a few pics of the garden, these were taken on July 28th. First time I've planted coleus in the anchor bed, I love the pretty pop of color and that it has been a fairly maintenance free plant.

Things have gotten a little... unruly. I've been growing vegetables my whole life and have never had cucumbers last this long into the season. Now, for clarity, the -plants- are very happy, I'm not saying they are producing tons of cukes:@) But I do occasionally find one or two. And as you can see, the large tomatoes are ripening up nicely, and I've had plenty to share.

On the left is the pepper side of the garden, small plants, but as I posted on Wednesday, they are making peppers:@) Experiment for next year: Pick every blossom and itty pepper off of the plants in the beginning of the season. I don't know if that's what stunted the plant growth, but guessing it didn't help... Zucchini, yellow squash, and zinnias have all been pulled out already, but I still have lots of color and plenty to eat!

The planter 8/3/24: 
That grape tomato plant is amazing!!!

What has Barbie been up to as I'm sweating (and swatting mosquitoes) in the garden??? While I doubt they'd be very helpful in keeping a drink colder or floating a can upright on top of the water... These inflatable beverage holders sure do make cute pool toys! This is a fun idea for pictures and dioramas, or if your girl would like to take Barbie swimming with her. And the best news, they only take about three breaths to fill:@) I've seen several designs at Dollar Tree.

Doctored Zucchini Salsa
50/50 ratio:
  1. Equal parts store bought salsa and grated zucchini that's been squeezed dry.
  2. Mix and serve with chips or as a condiment.
Eat Well and Have a Happy Day:@)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!