Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Giardiniera Pickled Onion Deviled Eggs

On today's episode of Frugal Living, Squeeze that Penny Until it Squeals...

I thoroughly enjoy Giardiniera and even have a couple pickle forks I hang on the jars for easily fishing the veggies out for a snack. But I never know what to do with the mini onions... And I'm not a member of the martini crowd:@) So in an effort to use them, I diced them up and made some Giardiniera Pickled Onion Deviled Eggs. Nothing ground breaking here, simply mix up some deviled eggs and stir in some minced pickled onion. But I will say, the pickled onion adds a great briny bite, and it's good stuff folks. 

My best tip: Don't add any salt to your mixture until after you mix in the onions. Then adjust to taste.

The pickle forks I hang on jars:

Giardiniera Pickled Onion Deviled Eggs
  1. Mix up your favorite deviled egg recipe but omit the salt. 
  2. Stir in some finely minced pickled onions that were blotted with a paper towel. Maybe one onion per egg, or more, you know your crowd... 
  3. Taste, adjust salt if needed and fill egg whites.
  4. Garnish with dusting of freshly cracked black pepper and sliced giardiniera vegetables if desired.
Eat well and Have a Happy Day:@)

2 comments:

  1. Though I can't think of an occasion when deviled eggs would NOT be welcomed, I love the tee-ninecy onions in the Easter pickled beets---I even buy those wee jars on the cocktail shelf just for that. In addition to the pretty of it, with those little lavender pearls garnishing the beets in a pretty cut-glass dish, just the crunch of the tiny morsels and the resulting PING of flavor add such a lovely accent to all the rich Easter fare. Your posts and pictures always make me do a mental check of the pantry, and these are certainly in order for Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!