Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Barbie Baby Carrier from Recycled Shampoo Bottle

This baby carrier from a recycled shampoo bottle is a quick craft that comes together in minutes. But honestly folks, it's a craft only adults should try to make. The plastic is a little thick and can be challenging to cut. But, in the end, your girl will be thrilled to have a nice little toy for doll play. And of course shampoo bottles come in all shapes and colors, I used one that was basically oval on the bottom.

What I did:
  • Remove bottom, cut about 3" up from the bottom of the bottle.
  • Wash and dry the plastic.
  • Make two cuts down the center of each side. I left about 1" uncut to the bottom.
  • Then carefully cut the sides off.

  • Round/curve the outside of the handles.
  • The most challenging part is cutting the holes for the handles...
  • I ended up using a hole punch so I could then start cutting the shape out.
  • The last thing I did was add a couple cotton balls to the bottom of the inside.

The snips I used, I love these things...

The baby looks pretty happy and snug to meπŸ˜‰
Ready to go anywhere!

🍼Make something just for fun and have a happy day😊

2 comments:

  1. Great idea on using the hole punch. I know that is a great way to do inside cuts in wood also, drill a hole first, then thread the saw blade(coping saw for us mini workers)...so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!