Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Pepperoncini Cucumber Pickles -Using Store Bought Pickle Brine

One of the guys at work said he makes these Pepperoncini Cucumber Pickles all the time, so I had to try it. I picked up a 12 oz jar, removed some of the peppers and replaced them with a nice kirby cucumber from the garden. Then re-packed as many peppers as I could. Add the lid, place in the refrigerator and wait 5 days... Wa-la, pickles:@) They are crunchy, salty, and do have some pepperoncini flavor and heat to them.

This was a fun little experiment,
don't hesitate to give it a try if you have some extra garden cukes:@)

A nice surprise: The manufacturer added the plastic top to keep the peppers submerged in the brine. Never saw that before, but I like it! I did add that back to the jar once I added the cucumber.

My cucumbers are in the big planter this year. Along with a husky cherry tomato plant and some pretty zinnias:@) I like to plant them with other things because they don't seem to last too long and the tomato plant will produce into fall.

What to do with the removed peppers? 
May I suggest...

Pepperoncini Pickles
  1. Wash, dry and remove ends of fresh garden cucumbers. Cut into 1/4" slices.
  2. Add to a jar of pepperoncini pickle brine. 
  3. Store in fridge for at least 5 days and eat within about 3 weeks.
Try something new and have a happy day:@)

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!