Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Marinated Italian Olives

Did you know, back in the day, that the center section of the deviled egg dish was intended to hold pickles and/or olives? Yep. How about filling it with some colorful and very robustly flavored Marinated Italian Olives. I really did enjoy these olives folks, and do recommend giving them a try.  And as you can see, I even cut the celery into larger pieces, intending for that to be a bite size treat too:@) Have some roasted red peppers? Toss them in, I think they would add some nice color too.


Marinated Italian Olives-from Taste of Home
14 oz-ish can black olives, drained
7 oz-ish jar green olives with pimento, drained
large stalk celery, sliced into bite size pieces -or- 2 Tblsp finely chopped celery
2 Tblsp finely chopped onion
2 Tblsp capers-I didn't have these
1/4 C olive oil
2 Tblsp red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes-can cut back, you know your crowd
salt to taste if desired-I didn't add any extra
~Mix everything, let mingle in refrigerator for at least 3 hours, stir and serve.

Eat well and have a happy day:@)

3 comments:

  1. Bill loves green olives and I'm a black olive fan! This would be great on a relish tray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, I love olives and these sound so good. Have a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like olives, but I love that deviled egg plate!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!