Monday, April 17, 2023

Amish Broccoli Salad

I don't eat raw broccoli very often, but thought this Amish Broccoli Salad would be something new to try, and that it would make a nice cold spring/summer side dish. I used the recipe as a guide, there's a lot of wiggle room here folks. If you don't have cauliflower, just add more broccoli. I had some real bacon bits to use up, so I added them (and will save the bacon strips for something else:@) Want it sweeter, or like more vinegar? Well, you know your crowd... 

Amish Broccoli Salad-from Taste of Home
3 C fresh broccoli florets
1 1/2 C fresh cauliflower
1/2 pound bacon, cooked, cooled, and crumbed
1 C mayonnaise
2-3 Tblsp sugar
2 Tblsp cider vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
  1. In large bowl mix mayo, sugar, vinegar and salt. 
  2. Fold in vegetables, cover and store in refrigerator.
  3. Fold in cheese right before serving.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE broccoli salad, Lynn, and this sounds like a great one. We do add craisins or raisins and sunflower seeds to ours. My daughter brought it for our Easter dinner. I like the addition of cheese which a local tea room puts in theirs, like this version. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!