Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Jimmy Dean Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers

The jalapeno plant in my raised bed has been producing, so I whipped up some Jimmy Dean Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers. Oh my, that was a very nice snack:@) Actually it was on a Sunday where the boys weren't coming to dinner, and both the Eagles pre-season and Phillies were on TV... I called this dinner! This is a versatile recipe, start with the Jimmy Dean recipe and change it up any way that sounds good. I'll list a few suggestions below. We can also use those colorful little sweet peppers in addition to, or instead of jalapenos.

Possible additions:
Garlic powder, seasoned salt, black pepper, parmesan cheese, 
(I added the spices to these and sprinkled the tops with parm).
Wrap in partially cooked bacon, or crescent rolls.
Top with breadcrumbs or Panko breadcrumbs.
Use different flavors of sausage.

Jimmy Dean Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers-from Jimmy Dean
16 oz Original Jimmy Dean Sausage
8 oz cream cheese, softened
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
Approximately 32 medium jalapenos
  1. Cut peppers in half lengthwise, clean seeds and membrane.
  2. Fully cook sausage and crumble it small.
  3. Thoroughly mix sausage, cream cheese and cheddar cheese together.
  4. Stuff jalapenos, slightly mound the tops.
  5. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
  6. Can brown tops under broiler if desired.
Snack well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

3 comments:

  1. Yum! My son is the popper cook in the family so you can bet that I printed your recipe off and will be giving to him--so he can treat me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love jalapeno poppers, Lynn, and I'd call those a meal, too. I like the idea of sausage in them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!