Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Instant Pot Swiss Steak Stew -Pressure Cooker Recipe

I thought I'd make a small change to a traditional recipe to make it work for me, and this Swiss Steak Stew turned out to be a nice Sunday dinner:@) I wanted my beef to be fork tender so I used my Instant Pot pressure cooker. But at the same time, we do like our vegetables to still have a little body and bite, so the vegetables got added after the meat cooked. Served it over mashed potatoes for a retro diner kinda feel... Wa-la, a very hearty meal for the cooler months! 
The tomato gravy was really different and this will be added to our meal rotation:@)
Recipe inspiration from The Iowa Housewife.

Swiss Steak Stew-Pressure Cooker
1 1/2 - 2lbs stew meat
1 Tblsp dried onion
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
pinch of salt
1/2 C water
15 oz can stewed tomatoes, use liquid
large green pepper, thick sliced
large stalk celery, 1/4" sliced
1/2 small onion, 1/4" sliced
1 tsp beef Better Than Bouillon or 1 beef cube, maybe more to taste later
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 C water
2 Tblsp corn starch, add more for a thicker gravy
S&P to taste
  1. Pressure cook first six ingredients 50 minutes, automatic release.
  2. Add next six ingredients (everything except last three). Pressure cook for 1 minute. Automatic release.
  3. Taste the broth, add S&P, and more bouillon if desired.
  4. Stir cornstarch into water, use sauté function, add corn starch mixture to pot, cook until thickened. 
  5. Serve over mashed potatoes, noodles or rice.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

2 comments:

  1. I need to dust of my instant pot, I don't use it enough, and haven't had beef stew in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m like Jenna, and don’t use my Instant Pot enough, either, Lynn. This meal looks like pure comfort food!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!