Monday, September 7, 2020

Green Bean and Potato Salad with Fresh Lemon Juice

Wow, I really liked this Green Bean and Potato Salad folks, it's really different! No mayo or dairy, the dressing calls for oil, vinegar and lemon juice. A little puckery, a little lemony, it has a nice garlic undertone and waxy potatoes help make it creamy even without mayo. It's one of those salads that gets mixed hot and needs a couple hours of marinating time in the fridge. It can be garnished with mint or parsley if desired, I had some parsley. 

Recipe is easily scaled down, 
perfect for a couple stray potatoes and handful of beans from the planter.

Green Bean and Potato Salad -from Taste of Home
2 lbs red potatoes, cubed
1 lb green beans, trimmed
1 small red onion -I had a yellow onion
mint or parsley, minced, optional -I had parsley

Dressing:
1/2 C vegetable oil
1/4 C white vinegar
2 Tblsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
  1. Cook potatoes and beans until tender, add to bowl with onion and mint/parsley if using.
  2. Shake dressing ingredients, pour over vegetables. Mix well.
  3. Cover, chill for at least 2 hours in refrigerator.
  4. Stir and serve.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

2 comments:

  1. That salad sounds perfectly delightful, Lynn! I like the oil and vinegar use instead of mayo. I hope you had a nice, quiet Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made this type of salad and it's a good one that my family likes too. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!