Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Key Lime Yogurt and Jalapeno Cole Slaw

What else did I do with the Key Lime Yogurt I found at Walmart? Whipped up this Key Lime Yogurt and Jalapeno Coleslaw. I aimed for a slightly sweet slaw with a little bit of bite from the jalapenos. A little bite also came from freshly minced garlic, that's something I don't usually add to coleslaw, but I wanted to try it this time. I like that this is a nice quick slaw, one that's best mixed and served, no marinating time required:@)
 There really isn't a recipe folks, I just mixed things until I liked the way it tasted...

Key Lime Yogurt and Jalapeno Coleslaw
Approximately:
2 C shredded cabbage
1 jalapeno, cleaned and sliced thin
small carrot, grated
small clove garlic, finely minced
6 oz key lime yogurt
sprinkle of celery salt
light sprinkle of curry powder
sprinkle of vinegar
sprinkle of sugar
S&P to taste
~Mix, taste, adjust, enjoy.

Eat well and have a happy day:@)

7 comments:

  1. Such a great idea to use yogurt for coleslaw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really good, plus I love coleslaw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice way to add some citus, creaminess and sweetness to coleslaw! BTW, I used one of your pork marinades for dinner on Sunday. My oldest asked what was in the marinade, but once I got beyond 3 ingredients, he decided it was too much work, LOL. Guess that's why he joins us for dinners on Sunday! It WAS delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What good use you’ve made with the lime yogurt, Lynn! You could have a while lime theme going for when you can have Sunday dinners again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!