Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Fresh Green Onion Dip

It's not often that I have extra scallions in the fridge, but I had some tucked away and this Fresh Green Onion Dip was a great way to use them up! This is a simple dip that truly emphasizes the word ~fresh~... My tips: Don't skimp on the green onion and please do plan to use fresh parsley, you will be happy:@) My only change was to use celery salt. I had tortilla chips on-hand but think this would be really, really, great with potato chips too:@)

This recipe is easily scaled down for one or two people.
I literally made one fourth as a snack for myself, plan on 4 big scallions for 1/2 C.

Times are tight right now folks, stores are running out of stock and lots of places have closed for a while... 
Why not use this as an opportunity to try something new and regrow your scallions in a Ball jar-
It's fun and it works!

Fresh Green Onion Dip-from Honey and Birch
8 oz cream cheese
1 C sour cream
2 C finely diced green onion
1/2 C diced parsley
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp vinegar-I used cider vinegar
S&P to taste-I used celery salt
  1. Mix cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
  2. Stir and mash everything else in, save a few rings of green onion for garnish.
  3. Serve with chips, veggies or bread... Really anything.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I scale down recipes, too, when I know I'm the only one who will indulge! This dip sounds wonderful...and I have all these ingredients on hand, though my scallions are pretty sad, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing better than a simple onion dip! Love the idea of regrowing scallions, so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dip looks so appetizing, Lynn! I'm ready for some. I have always wanted to try growing scallions like that. This would be a good time to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!