Monday, February 3, 2020

Curried Chicken Salad with Pineapple and Grapes

This Curried Chicken Salad with Pineapple and Grapes is a very nice way to use up some leftover chicken. I enjoyed it on a bed of lettuce but could also easily see it in wrapped in a tortilla as a cold sandwich. Either way, if you're looking for something just a little different, don't hesitate to give this salad a try folks, I think you'll like it:@)

The grapes are unexpected and fun!
Recipe is easily scaled down to half or a quarter.

Curried Chicken Salad with Pineapple and Grapes-from Taste of Home
4 C cubed, cooked, chilled chicken
20 oz can pineapple tidbits, well drained
1 C halved seedless grapes
1/2 C mayonnaise
1/2 tsp curry powder
fresh cilantro as garnish, optional-I didn't have it but would have used it if I did
lettuce for serving
~Mix everything and store covered in refrigerator until serving.

Eat well and have a happy day:@)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great chicken salad bro try, Lynn! I like the idea of a little curry powder in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Curry powder is a great addition plus I love the pineapple and the grapes! Hope to have some leftover chicken this week so I can give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lynn. This was one of my mom's favorite recipes! She was a crazy recipe collector and we never knew if she would ever use a recipe again. Her Taste of Home's were a huge stack, with all sorts of notes int hem, along with every Family Circle, and Better Homes and Garden(like 5 years worth) I must have missed clipping out the recipe....when I had to dispose of all of that..(she smoked so anything paper---literally stunk. I keep her recipe cards in a plastic box...LOL. Anyway---this is the BEST recipe--and I recognized it right away, and am glad to have a copy again! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should say 50 years worth or however many you can stick under a high full-size bed!

      Delete
  4. I've never had pineapple in chicken salad, what a wonderful summer twist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so tasty Lynn! I love tarragon chicken salad with grapes, will have to try this ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!