Monday, June 24, 2019

Lemon Garlic Broccoli -Grilled Foil Pouches

I think broccoli tends to get overlooked in the summer... And while I'm a big fan of using seasonal produce, these Lemon Garlic Broccoli Pouches are a very nice addition to a grilled meal. Simply cut fresh florets, drizzle with a little lemon juice, add sliced fresh garlic and top it off with a healthy sprinkling of your favorite seasoned salt (may I suggest lemon pepper seasoning:@) 10-14 minutes over medium/high heat and wa-la, dinner is served! Don't hesitate to give this easy, fat free, side dish a try folks, I think you'll be pleased.

 While you ~could~ add a little olive oil or butter to the pouch for extra flavor, you really don't need to.
There will be enough liquid from the lemon juice and washing the broccoli to help steam and cook it through.

Lemon Garlic Broccoli Grilled in Foil Pouches
Broccoli, wash, shake a few times to dry and cut into florets
Fresh lemon juice, maybe 1/2-1 tsp per foil pack
Fresh garlic, cut into long slivers-as much as you'd like, you know your crowd:@)
Hearty sprinkling of lemon pepper seasoning or your favorite seasoned salt
  1. Place broccoli on sheet(s) of foil.
  2. Sprinkle with lemon juice, garlic and seasoned salt.
  3. Fold edges of foil to create enclosed pouch.
  4. Grill over medium/high heat turning once. 10 minutes for al dente, 14 minutes for a softer bite.
  5. Open carefully, steam will escape, serve immediately with a light sprinkle of seasoned salt if desired.
Let's fire up the grill and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Wonderful Wednesday
A Morning Cup of Joe
Happiness Is Homemade

6 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of foil pouches, Lynn! I forgot to take a pic of my latest one, but I'd love to try your broccoli in foil...perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been roasting a lot of broccoli lately, but grilling sounds wonderful---especially with garlic and lemon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the foil pack recipe, I love no clean up!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grilled broccoli packets sound so good and easy the make. What a great idea and I can't wait to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea, thanks for sharing this.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all for easy clean up any time Lynn, but especially for the lazy days of summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!