Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Coconut Milk and Curry Rice -Instant Pot Pressure Cooker

I've wanted to try a Coconut Milk and Curry Rice for a while now and was very pleased with the way it turned out. I added extra turmeric for color (and hear it never hurts health wise too:@) Don't hesitate to give this a try if you like curry folks. This beautiful yellow rice can be served as is but I ~highly~ recommend topping it with lots of thinly sliced scallion. I'm guessing cilantro, parsley and chives would be good as well.

Coconut Milk and Curry Rice-Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
For each 1 C long grain rice:
1 1/2 C coconut milk
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
Healthy pinch of salt
Scallion for serving
  1. Add everything except scallion to vessel of pressure cooker, give it a good stir.
  2. Seal and use rice button (or 12 minutes).
  3. Use automatic release.
  4. Fluff rice, sprinkle with scallions and serve.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful Lynn, I still don't have an instapot, I feel like such a dinosaur! I bet the coconut milk is lovely for this rice dish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an instapot but have never used it. This might be the perfect starting recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that it's gone from winter to summer in just one week, I think it's time to break out the IP again. Love the flavors plus the color of this easy rice! Have a wonderful holiday weekend, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great side, Lynn, and colorful too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!