- If really pressed for time the cider can be heated quickly on the stove then poured into the slow cooker on low or warm for serving.
- This could be set up as a little self-serve bar area, allowing guests to make themselves a hot toddy if they'd like.
- I prefer to keep orange juice concentrate in the freezer because I just don't drink a whole bottle of OJ. I spoon about a Tblsp or so (to taste) for each glass of juice or drink I make. Then push plastic wrap down into the container and press it against the top of the concentrate. This keeps ice crystals out and helps keep it fresh for a very long time. Once I get about half way through the container I simply cut through the cardboard container, make it shorter and add the plastic wrap again.
4 C apple cider
2 Tblsp frozen orange juice concentrate
2 cinnamon sticks
4 whole cloves-they get spooned out right before serving
2 Tblsp brown sugar
- Add everything to slow cooker. Cover and turn to high for one-two hours. Reduce to low or warm setting (if you have it). Alternately, set to low for 3-4 hours. I used my 2 quart Crock Pot and it cooks hot. It was nice and warm after one hour on high, hot and nicely spiced by two hours.
- Remove cloves before serving.
- Ladle into mugs or tea cups and enjoy.
- Optional-allow guests to add rum, brandy, bourbon, Grand Marnier, schnapps or liquor of choice to their cup.