Friday, July 27, 2018

Lemon Dill Pickled Beets -and an app question...

These Lemon Dill Pickled Beets are bright and summery and a nice change of pace from our usual quick pickled beets. One son has an affinity for not only pickled veggies but lemon too, and dill is always a family favorite, so I looked forward to trying this idea out. It got a big thumbs up:@) I simply substituted lemon juice for the vinegar, and since we're using lemon zest this really is a flavorful quick pickle that's ready to eat within a couple hours. Don't hesitate to whip up this tangy side dish if your crowd likes beets!
Gotta tell ya folks, after 8 1/2 years of trying to take pictures of food with a point and shoot camera... 
If you can get a good pic of beets-God bless you!

My question: Does anyone have a shopping list app they like for their phone? I'm looking for one that will allow me to build a master list of things I usually buy, then create that weekend's shopping list from clicking items from the master list and adding to it. Thanks.

Lemon Dill Pickled Beets
For each drained 15 oz can sliced beets:
Zest of half a lemon
Juice of one lemon
1 Tblsp sugar
2 Tblsp thinly sliced onion
1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
1/16 tsp dry dill weed-or just a couple shakes from the jar
~ Mix everything, let mingle for at least 2 hours but best eaten within 4 hours.

Eat well and have a happy day:@)

4 comments:

  1. I just love beets and need to try your recipe Lynn. For a shopping list, I simply use the 'list' app. I use it for everything actually. Very easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beets sound good, Lynn. I'm old fashioned and still write out my shopping list. I hope you find a good app. Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love beets so would gobble these right up. I had a grocery app that a friend recommended, but I deleted it since I wasn't using it. If I see her this Friday, I'll ask about it for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!