The cookies do have that puffy, cake type consistency like so many pumpkin recipes.
These really are a great grown-up treat folks, perfect with coffee or tea.
The recipe is easily cut in half.
Dapper Jack is a Fitz and Floyd plate from HomeGoods many years ago.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts-from King Arthur Flour
2 1/4 C A/P flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 C butter, softened
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
15oz can pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
grated zest of one orange, optional-I didn't use this
2 C chocolate chips
1 C chopped walnuts
- Mix first six ingredients together.
- In separate bowl add butter, brown sugar and sugar mix until well blended and smooth.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, vanilla and orange zest to butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the wet mixture until blended. Stir in chips and nuts.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto cookie sheets and bake at 375 for approx 18 minutes or until the edges have lightly browned.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
- There is an optional glaze you can find on their site.
Enjoy a cookie and have a happy day:@)