Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Resting Grilled Meat on a Raised Rack

Have you ever taken cooked meat off the grill, placed it on a platter or cutting board for the required resting period, then when it was time to cut it you saw a big puddle of juices under the meat? A very serious griller, Chris at Nibble Me This suggests Resting Grilled Meat on a Raised Rack to avoid this problem. I knew you'd be curious:@) so I gave it a try with some butterflied chicken breast...

Wow, I'd say it worked really well! If the juice isn't on the plate it's still in the chicken!
I plan to keep experimenting with different meats as I grill them.
Just wanted to share a great tip...
Have a happy day:@)

15 comments:

  1. That's a good tip! Happily, my blog list is back this morning too. I felt "cut off" from the world of blogging for two days!!

    Best.
    Bpmmoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a tip to remember. As much as we grill you'd think we'd have figured this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tip, Lynn! I always let the meat rest, but never have on a rack. I will give it a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. didn't know about resting the meat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm....who knew? I know that you should "rest" roasts and such but never thought about grilled meats or a rack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubby always likes to let the meat rest when it comes off the grill. I prefer to just eat it right away since it tastes no different to me when it rests.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love little tips, the little extras that make dinner wonderful. Thanks.

    Madonna
    MakeMineLemon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tip Lynn! We'll have to remember letting it rest on a rack :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting tip! I love the juices but they are definitely better still inside the meat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful tip, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great tip!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I will be trying this out, too!!! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good tip. I usually just rest mine on a plate...and in the juice. :) I'll remember the rack next time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous tip Lynn! I can't wait to share this with my grillers!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!