Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Sugar-N-Spice Popcorn

So, while most of us are resolving to eat better and maybe try to lose a few pounds... what's my first post of 2013??? Sugar-N-Spice Popcorn! Yep, it has butter-yep, it has sugar and yep, it could even have salt if you're so inclined... But I promise you an enjoyable, finger licking treat that will make even the worst movie worth watching! And really, how bad for you can it be... it is popcorn after all:@)

Sugar-N-Spice Popcorn-from Posed Perfection
4 quarts popped popcorn-1/2 C kernels using a hot air popper
5 Tblsp butter, melted
2-3 Tblsp sugar-I used 2 1/2
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Sprinkling of salt-optional
  1. Mix the butter, sugar and spices until the sugar begins to melt a bit.
  2. Pour over popcorn and mix very well.
  3. Dig in and love life!
Notes:
  • I popped my corn right onto a half sheet pan and melted the butter in a measuring cup with pour spout. This allowed me to slowly drizzle as much popcorn as possible. Then I mixed it on the sheet pan. Other than having to re-gather a couple stray pieces of popcorn this worked very well.
  • The nutmeg is amazing in this, if you have freshly grated that would be best.
Enjoy a (somewhat healthier) snack and have a happy day:@)

I'm joining:
Full Plate Thursday
Kitchen Fun and Crafty Link Party

23 comments:

  1. Oh yum! There goes that new year resolution! Happy New Year to you!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazingly delicious :) Happy New Year to you!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I am going to watch my calories this new year so this might have to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just made this! Delicious!! Nothing like a little butter and sugar to spice up that air popped corn. :) Wish I could come up with a bit healthier way to spice it up. Hope you're having a wonderful New Year's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMY!
    Happy New Year!
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you made this and stopped by to tell me. Isn't it delicious? I may have to whip up another batch of it this week. Have a Happy New Year!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still in my pj's and inspired to pop some corn now! Wishing you every happiness in 2013!

    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like the perfect New Years Day munchie:) Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    Happy New Year!
    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love popcorn in all its forms. This sounds like a delicious way to watch the upcoming football playoffs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds yummy...I love popcorn! Thanks for the recipe.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I will happily sit watching a movie grazing on this deliciously flavored popcorn!
    Happy New Year!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any favorite movie suggestions to go with this awesome snack? (sorry - I don't do football)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am absolutely making this for my daughter! YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh YUM! This is another great popcorn recipe to try. I think I need a hot air popper. Any recommendations??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a cheapie from Walmart, mine has to be 15 years old... The only reason I mention hot air is I notice popping with oil/fat makes smaller pieces.

      Delete
  15. Another pin.
    I do love flavoring my popcorn, and there are so many variations! I like sweet/salty, so I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds delicious. I may just have to did out my air popper and make this. Also stopping by to wish you a Happy New Year. I hope is is a great one for you and your family. Thanks so much for being a regular commenter on my blog. I always look forward to what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year Lynn, I agree this is sounding delicious. My grands are coming to visit and snow ski. A perfect way to keep them happy and it is better than bread and butter. When we were kids and we told our mom we were hungry between meals she always said, " Have some bread and butter dear." Actually, it was good because she baked all the bread in our home. I wish I had some of that bread now. Smile.
    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lynn,
    sounds delicious and has certainly less calories than other goodies. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Have a great new Year.
    best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm all for an occasional treat. I bet this is so good. We love to eat popcorn when we are watching a good movie. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love popcorn and this sounds really yummy-thanks, I am going to try it Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lynn, I've never met a popcorn I didn't like and this sounds great, especially with the nutmeg!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Lynn,
    A great combination of spice for a favorite snack for us. Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!