Quick Ham and Cabbage Soup
1 Tblsp olive oil
1/2 C chopped onion
1/2 C thinly chopped celery
1/2 C thinly chopped carrot
1/8 C chopped red bell pepper
3 shakes of celery seed
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 C chicken stock
3 C shred cabbage (about 1/4" thick and 1" long)
1 C diced ham
heaping tsp of Chicken Better Than Bullion
S&P to taste
- Heat olive oil to medium.
- Add onion, celery, carrot, pepper and celery seed, saute until onion gets translucent.
- Saute garlic for one minute more.
- Add chicken stock and heat to a simmer.
- Toss in cabbage and cook until it just begins to wilt, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add ham and heat through.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- The thing that takes the longest is for the carrots to soften up, make sure you slice them thin.
- If you don't have enough chicken stock use approx 1 C water to 1 tsp Chicken Better Than Bullion.
- It's important to add salt to this soup.
Have a happy day:@)