What I'm trying to say here folks is, oh yea, you do want to bookmark this for leftover Easter ham,
you can't go wrong!
Creamy Double Cheese Sauce With Pasta
1 lb pasta
1 Tblsp olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 C milk
4 oz cream cheese, cut into pieces (very interesting!)
1/4 C Parmesan
Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Cook pasta according to package directions. (Reserve 1/4 C pasta water in case pasta seems dry after tossing with cheese sauce). Drain and return to pot.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, saute onion for about 6-8 minutes.
- Add a little salt and pepper and the garlic, cook one minute more.
- Whisk in milk and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in cream cheese, Parm and nutmeg, simmer, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Toss with pasta, adding some pasta water if it seems dry.
Creamy Pasta With Leeks, Peas and Ham
- Make pasta and cheese sauce above.
- Heat 1 Tblsp olive oil, saute 2 leeks until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 C frozen peas that have been thawed.
- Add 6oz thinly sliced ham.
- Toss with pasta and cream sauce.