Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Ok, in retrospect there are so many things I'd like to do differently with this pic...
but I, um... ate the meatballs. So just think of this as a Foodie bad hair day:@)
1 lb ground white meat chicken
1/2 small onion, grated
2 cloves garlic, grated
1/2 C parsley, chopped*
EVOO for drizzling
2 Tblsp butter
1/2 C hot sauce
3 scallions, for garnish-I didn't use these
Store bought bleu cheese dressing for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the chicken, onion, garlic, parsley and S&P to taste.
- Drizzle with EVOO, put in oven till golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- In large skillet, melt butter, mix in hot sauce. Coat meatballs in sauce.
- Serve with bleu cheese dressing, carrots and celery. Don't forget the toothpicks:@)
- As a lover of hot sauce-these are great. As a lover of wings-it's hard to beat wings. Having said that, if I was at a party and these meatballs were out and there were no wings... I would be more than happy to munch on them all night!
- Rachael says you should get 16, using 1 Tblsp of mix I got 20.
- *I think the amount of parsley called for is over estimated, just grab a big healthy pinch and add it. (If you watch RR's video, you'll see that's all she does too)
- I needed to cook the meatballs longer, maybe 16-18 minutes.
- Full disclosure, I forgot to drizzle the EVOO.
- Do take a few minutes to cook the sauce down, it will get thicker and stick better.
- The big plus to the meatballs over wings is they're easier to eat, a lot less messy.
- Don't hesitate to give these a try folks, they just might be the hit of the party!