When I found this recipe on allrecipes it was written for a pressure cooker. I love my PC, but wanted something that would simmer for a while on the stove so that's how I cooked it.
Hope you love it if you try it:@)
Italian Chicken Soup
- I would use the pressure cooker next time. In the earlier stages of cooking this, you could really taste the fennel seed from the sausage. That was very nice, it mellowed the longer the soup cooked.
- I used Italian Sweet Sausage, not turkey.
- I would cut back on the lentils. Maybe 1/2 to 3/4 cup.
- They call this a soup, it's a stew. I kept adding more stock, it just kept getting thicker!
- The salsa gets lost in the soup. I would add a nice heaping tablespoon to each bowl instead.
- I did grate some Parmesan/Reggiano on top, very nice!
- This does freeze well.
- I will make this again and do highly recommend it. Might be nice with a few more veggies in it too.