(Foolproof fudge! This recipe has been around forever)
2 Tblsp butter
2/3 C evaporated milk (the 12oz can makes 2 batches)
1 1/2 C sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 C mini marshmallows-or 16 regular sized marshmallows
1 1/2 C good semi-sweet choco chips (I like Ghirardelli)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C chopped walnuts
- Combine butter, milk, sugar and salt in sauce pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Bring to a full boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Remove from heat and add marshmallows, chips, vanilla and nuts. (It's best to have all of this already measured out in a bowl ready to pour into the pot. I added the nuts to the top this time, they do fall off, so I like them mixed in best.)
- Stir vigorously until marshmallows melt and blend in (a minute or two).
- Pour into 8" square buttered pan (I just line the pan with Reynolds Release or tin foil).
- Cool and cut into squares.
Now for the song, I know you've all been waiting:@)
Squealing Thru The Snow
Sung to the tune of Jingle Bells:
Squealing thru the snow,
One silly elf on a pig,
O'er the fields we go,
Laughing at this gig!
Bells on curly tail ring,
Spirits make things bright,
What fun it is to laugh and sing,
A pig riding song tonight!
Jingle [snort] bells, Jingle [snort] bells,
Jingle all the way,
Oh what fun it is to ride,
One holiday pig this day!
Everybody join in...