If the candy begins to harden back up in the icing bag, simply pop it back into the microwave for a few seconds.
The candy melts are so much
less fussy easier to use than chocolate.
The Santa disc I used is from Oxo's Holiday Set.
Peppermint Spritz Cookies-adapted from Mirro
1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 C shortening
3/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
2 1/4 C A/P flour, sifted
1/2 tsp salt-I just used a little pinch
1/8 tsp baking powder
Candy melts in color of choice
Disposable icing bag
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar.
- Mix in egg and extracts.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fill press and form cookies onto cool, non-greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees 10-12 minutes or until cookies just begin to lightly brown at edges.
- Heat candy melts in disposable icing bag in microwave for approximately 30 second intervals until you can smoosh the candy in the bag with your fingers and it's fully melted.
- Cut tip off of bag, draw circle/oval on silicone or parchment and place cooled cookie on top of candy, press down until you see the candy around the perimeter of the cookie.
- Let candy harden back up.