Monday, December 11, 2017

Peppermint Spritz Santa Cookies with Colorful Candy Melt Bottoms

These Peppermint Spritz Cookies with Candy Melt Bottoms were a fun little experiment. The idea was to add some vibrant color and a tasty candy element to the cookies, while keeping Santa looking crisp and clean. I was happy with the way they turned out:@) And this idea would make some very nice sandwich cookies too, just remember to take the disc out of your press and turn it to the other side half way through your dough so you can match up the shape of the cookies.

If the candy begins to harden back up in the icing bag, simply pop it back into the microwave for a few seconds.
The candy melts are so much less fussy easier to use than chocolate.

The Santa disc I used is from Oxo's Holiday Set. 

Peppermint Spritz Cookies-adapted from Mirro
1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 C shortening
3/4 C sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
2 1/4 C A/P flour, sifted
1/2 tsp salt-I just used a little pinch
1/8 tsp baking powder
Candy melts in color of choice
Disposable icing bag
  1. Cream butter, shortening and sugar.
  2. Mix in egg and extracts.
  3. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
  4. Fill press and form cookies onto cool, non-greased baking sheets.
  5. Bake at 375 degrees 10-12 minutes or until cookies just begin to lightly brown at edges.
  6. Heat candy melts in disposable icing bag in microwave for approximately 30 second intervals until you can smoosh the candy in the bag with your fingers and it's fully melted.
  7. Cut tip off of bag, draw circle/oval on silicone or parchment and place cooled cookie on top of candy, press down until you see the candy around the perimeter of the cookie.
  8. Let candy harden back up.
Enjoy a cookie and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Craftastic Monday
Show and Tell
The Scoop
Foodie Friday and Everything Else

7 comments:

  1. Didn't your spritz cookies turn out so cute, Lynn? The peppermint flavor is perfect for Christmas time, too. Aren't you clever is using a disposable bag for melting your candy melts? That's so much easier than plopping the melted candy onto the mats or parchment paper! I'm off to check out more of your spritz recipes.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea to dip in candy melts! Such a festive touch!! I love your spritz recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm.....thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea to dip the cute spritz! I pulled out my spritz maker last evening. There is hope I may get some done before Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Lynn! I like the bright pop of cheery red for Santa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! I like your Barbies in their cute holiday outfits in your sidebar too! Holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been awhile since I have visited you but as usual you don't disappoint. Always something that makes my mouth water is right here on your blog and it makes me want to run out into my kitchen and start baking. Love spritz, such a sweet little buttery cookie. Thank you for including your recipe and for putting me in the mood to make some.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!