Saturday, June 15, 2013

Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken

Have you ever had to acquire a taste for something? I wasn't fond of cilantro and kept trying it a little at a time, mixed it half and half with parsley for Mandarin Orange Salsa and in this Fresh Salsa... Well, I love it now and find myself looking for recipes that use it! This Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken was tasty and something totally different than my usual Italian Dressing with Lemon or BBQ sauce.
Some of the reviews said this recipe needed a little more flavor, so I added the zest of half a lime.
 Turned out to be a good decision and I might even use a little more next time.

Follow on Bloglovin
Earl says he has always liked cilantro because it's so good with chicken...
 Um, Hate to break it to him but... 
Orange, Cumin and Cilantro Grilled Pork Loin sounds pretty darn good too:@)

Cilantro Lime Chicken-adapted from myrecipes.com
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 2lbs
Zest of at least half a lime-optional
1/4 C fresh lime juice
1/2 C chopped cilantro
6 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 Tblsp honey
1 Tblsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
  1. Pound chicken breasts to about 1/2" thick and place in shallow baking dish-I used purchased thin sliced breasts.
  2. Mix all the other ingredients and pour over chicken, turn to coat. Place in fridge and let marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight. Mine marinated for about 1 hour.
  3. Grill over medium heat until no longer pink inside.

18 comments:

  1. We adore cilantro at our house and this recipe looks delicious. We grow it but in summer it goes to seed quickly. Now I see your mustard dill cucumber salad recipe and will look at that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We love cilantro, too. This chicken looks fab! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be perfect to grill after a day o the boat. Thanks for posting!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lime chicken is a great idea! love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sound so good. I love lime and cilantro! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't know me, but I just had to let you know that your little happy pig in your blogs makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! Love seeing Earl in the herb garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They both sound good. Earl is looking good among the cilantro.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We just LUUUUUV cilantro...and this chicken sounds AWESOME.....
    Hi, Earl....did you say, "Eat More Chicken" ??? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at that cutie pie Earl enjoying time in your pot of cilantro!! I hope he's not hiding because you mentioned "pork loin"!! The chicken sounds dee-lish and I love the addition of lime zest. I'll be making this soon...even have the limes in the fridge. Thanks, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We grill chicken quite often and I think squeezing some lime juice over the cooked meat is fabulous! Now I need to use the zest! What a great idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not a cilantro fan, but this recipe sounds good so I am going to give it a try, the lime really appeals to me as well as the simple grilled chicken, thanks
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  13. It seems that people either love or hate cilantro...I'm one of the lovers. Your grilled chicken looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so good, I'm going to give it a try.
    Hope you are enjoying your Sunday!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm one of those people who loves cilantro, especially when it's on chicken skewers. It doesn't look like Earl is hiding out in a very safe place.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bring on the cilantro! The addition of the lime zest sounds perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, first time here, stumbled from strut your stuff saturday....and dear God, this looks so good....I love cilantro...gonna try this simple chicken for Sunday meal...have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!