As the tomatoes cook the skin will char, then it's easily removed (if you'd like).
Before serving company you might want to give the tomatoes a light mash and cut the zukes in half.
This presentation was fine for me:@)
My favorite grill pan, stainless steel un-coated, there are many different sizes and styles.
Updated: I was asked where I bought it, it's from one of the Big Three: HomeGoods, TJ Maxx or Marshall's... They're all kinda the same to me:@) I did see square ones yesterday at HG.
Grill Roasted Veggies with McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
*This works with many veggies folks, you can leave out the tomatoes and make a side dish, add peppers, onions, yellow squash, asparagus, etc.
- About 3 big Roma tomatoes per person, sliced into fourths and remove the seeds (if you have 1-2 extra go ahead and add 'em in).
- Cut the zucchini a little thicker than 1/4" rounds.
- Coat veggies with olive oil. For two servings I used about 1 Tblsp of olive oil and 1 1/2 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning. Don't add the seasoning any more than 5 minutes before grilling (my preference). Mix well.
- Add to very hot grill pan, let sit to begin to char then stir. Just watch the veggies so they don't flat out burn, they were done in about 10 minutes on my grill. If the tomatoes seem to get done faster pile them all on top of each other on the cooler side of the pan.
- Since I used tomatoes I served this over pasta. I've made plenty of side dishes using summer squash, onion and bell peppers.
- If you use the side burner to boil water for pasta, you don't have to heat up the house at all.