Saturday, May 4, 2024

Kentucky Derby! Mint Julep Tea, Peach Pecan Spritz Cookies, & Barbie's Hat...

The Kentucky Derby is today at 6:45-ish, are you watching? May I suggest a little something smooth to sip on... This Mint Julep Tea was very nice:@) I've added my son's recommendation for a bourbon, and even a friendly little betting game if your crowd is into that sort of thing...

Maybe you'd prefer a cup of hot tea and nice little cookie... These Pecan Spritz Cookies with Peach and Bourbon Icing were very good, and look oh-so-fancy:@)

And if ~anyone~ wants to get dressed up and wear an extravagant hat, it would be Barbie:@) I found a pack of spotted craft feathers at the thrift store and thought they would be the perfect embellishment. I started with a crochet hat, added a small cluster of feathers anchored by a sheer organza ribbon bow, and of course, we have to have at least one satin rose for this race.

My picture tutorial for how to make a Barbie dress from 6" square of fabric can be found hereAnd Barbie says every southern lady should have at least one string of pearls... How to make a Barbie necklace here.

Enjoy the race, and 
Have a Happy Day😉

1 comment:

  1. Good noshes for Derby Day Lynn, and I love Barbie's hat and pearls!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!