Monday, November 13, 2023

Cheater Tamale Meatballs-Slow Cooker, Oven, or Microwave

Disclaimer: Absolutely nothing authentic here folks... This is just a tasty little snack. I debated about calling these Tex/Mex Meatballs, but decided to stick to my original thought, Cheater Tamale Meatballs. Super simple and only three ingredients, frozen meatballs and enchilada sauce served on the wide dipper type Fritos. Tell me that doesn't sound like football food:@) The key to the tamale part is serving with the corn chips. You can make as little or as much as you want, I used my Little Dipper Crock Pot. This could also be heated in the oven, or even in the microwave. 
In a perfect world,
this would be great using mini meatballs. 

Cheater Tamale Meatballs
  • Fill slow cooker vessel with cooked frozen meatballs, add canned red enchilada sauce. 10 oz can was more than enough for my Little Dipper Crock Pot. 
  • Cook in Little Dipper about 2 1/2 hours, or on low for about 4 hours. I like to add paper towels under the lid to collect condensation.
  • Or bake 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes until meatballs are heated through. Or cook in microwave until meatballs are heated through.
  • Serve with wide Frito type corn chips.
Enjoy a snack and 
Have a Happy Day:@)

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!