Saturday, March 11, 2023

Irish Potatoes Candy & Barbie Dress from Scrunchie & Jello Jelly Beans

We're covering all the bases today at PIM folks, St. Pat's, the Oscars, and Easter... Irish Potatoes Candy has been a part of St. Patrick's Day in Philadelphia ever since I can remember. Year's ago there was a gift store called Spain's and I used to stop in to buy one piece at a time. They'd charge by weight (the candy's, not mine:@) You might ask, only one piece? This candy is made with cream cheese and butter and is very rich folks. So rich I recommend making smaller pieces, and have cut the recipe in half too. 

Bling always catches my eye and I had to stop in my tracks when I saw some satiny scrunchies with a gem embellishment at Dollar Tree. The scrunchie is just wide enough to provide coverage as a Barbie halter top, and a piece of ribbon adds the wrap around waist. This can be a two minute hot glue project ~or~ a little more involved, depending upon how detailed you'd like to make it. I've also given it both the sewing and no-sew labels, you can make it any way you'd like. I used hot glue:@)

✂What I did:
Run a piece of ribbon through the loop behind the gem.
Wrap ribbon around doll's waist, overlap ends, and cut to size.
Add Velcro to each end of ribbon for closure.

Then I glued the scrunchie together over the bling a bit,
wanted to make sure I adequately covered her chest.
Same on the sides,
I stretched the scrunchie wide and glued each side to the waist ribbon.
Again just trying to cover her chest.

The scrunchie I started with:

Now Barbie's ready for any festive occasion😉

And switching over to Easter:
My infatuation with Jello continues...
I saw these Jello Jelly Beans at Dollar Tree.
Grab 'em when you see 'em folks,
they're going fast:@)

Have a great weekend:@)

2 comments:

  1. I still haven’t made that candy, Lynn, but want to. You are the most clever outfitter for Barbie. Thank you for giving me the heads up on the Dollar Tree jelly beans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that Irish Potato Candy does sound rich! Barbie's dress is amazing, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!