Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Quick Pickled Zucchini -Refrigerator Pickles

Here's a great idea to use up some extra zucchini... This Quick Pickled Zucchini stays crunchy, is cool and refreshing ~and~ got a thumbs up from my biggest zucchini critic. Trust me folks, that says something. And my version, using a garlic press, makes a very garlicy pickle in just a couple hours. I do suggest using thinner zukes, but then, I like the smaller ones for everything... Pick 'em young and the plant will keep making more!

My son was surprised to hear the pickles he just enjoyed were actually ~insert gasp here~...
zucchini:@)

Quick Pickled Zucchini-from Rachel Ray Magazine
1 1/2 C water
1 1/2 C distilled vinegar-I only had cider vinegar but will try white vinegar the next time
1/4 C Kosher salt
1/4 C sugar
5 cloves garlic, crushed-I wanted a big hit of garlic and used a garlic press
1 Tblsp peppercorns
1 lb zucchini, thinly sliced (about 3 medium)
  1. Bring everything, except zucchini, to a boil.
  2. Pour brine over zucchini.
  3. Cool quickly (I put it in the freezer for a while), store in refrigerator and eat within 3 days.
Let's use up that zucchini and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Wonderful Wednesday
Creatively Crafty
Meal Plan Monday
Happiness Is Homemade

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice, crunchy way of using those zucchini’s! Getting a thumbs up from your son is a great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever!! I bet these are delicious! I love zucchini just about any way!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your zucchini recipes. These pickles look super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good recipe! And yes, they can fool you! I have to look twice at the grocery store and make sure I don't get a cucumber! lol Enjoy your day! Love your inspiration today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to enjoy a surplus of zukes Lynn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!