Thursday, March 22, 2018

Jelly Bean Cookies

These Jelly Bean Cookies are a fun little novelty idea to help use up some colorful Easter jelly beans. They are a nice sugar cookie base with flavorful bites of chewy candy. Kids will love to help push a few extra jelly beans into the top for pretty presentation. I used Brach's Tiny Jelly Bird Eggs but think even smaller Jelly Belly type beans would be a better size. You know how sometimes something different kinda becomes a family holiday tradition? If you have small children... this might just be it:@)

Jelly Bean Cookies-from Taste of Home
1/2 C shortening
3/4 C sugar
1 egg
2 Tblsp milk-I used Half and Half
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C A/P flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt-I just added a little pinch
3/4 C small jelly beans, reserve some to push into the top of cookies-the smaller the better
  1. Cream shortening and sugar.
  2. Mix in egg, milk and vanilla.
  3. Mix dry into wet.
  4. Stir in jelly beans, reserving some to push into top of cookies
  5. Drop by Tblsp onto cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cookies begin to brown on the bottom.
  6. Cool on pans 2 minutes, remove to rack and cool completely.
Enjoy a cookie and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Share Your Cup
Full Plate Thursday
Tip Me Tuesday
What to do Weekends
Meal Plan Monday

9 comments:

  1. Adorable cookies Lynn! I hope you're surviving your fourth nor'easter and snowfall. It would take a LOT of cookies to get me through it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little Grandgirl loves jelly beans so she would enjoy these cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun Easter cookie! Love the addition of those chewy jelly beans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What colorful, fun Easter cookies, Lynn. I would love those chewy bits of jelly beans inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have a hard time not eating all the jelly beans before they got into the cookies :) Very cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those cookies. Not only would they cure my sweet tooth but they would also bring out the kid in me. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynn,
    I even have the Jelly Beans to make these awesome cookies, can't wait to taste one! Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing your great post with us at Full Plate Thursday!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun and colorful! Thanks for sharing the recipe with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!