Pizzelle Notes and Tips:
- Don't add the candy until after the batter is completely mixed and you are ready to start making the cookies. For the prettiest presentation it's best if you only mix it into half the batter and make those cookies, then mix it into the remaining batter.
- You might hear a little "crunching" as you close the press, it's ok-trust me, I've done this before:@)
- To make your pizzelles a little lighter and crispier, replace 3 Tblsp of flour with corn starch. I add it to my 1 C measure before I top it off with flour.
- Always a good idea to sift your dry ingredients for pizzelles.
- I did try the "jimmy" type sprinkles (like you'd add to ice cream) and don't recommend them, they are a little thick/soft, didn't look too pretty and stuck to the pizzelle maker.
- I've been making pizzelles with nonpareils for years, in all colors for all occasions, and they are always very popular!