Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Bread Machine Pumpkin Cake

I broke my own rule, yep. Normally I don't jump into pumpkin season until after Labor Day, but I wanted something sweet, and had a can of pumpkin, so... This Bread Machine Pumpkin Cake hit the spot, and as a nod to the two seasons, I decorated the top with some edible butterfly decorations Ma gave me:@) I found the recipe on the Betty Crocker site, but used pumpkin spice instead of the individual spices. 

I liked that the bread maker didn't heat up the house as the cake baked:@)

Bread Machine Pumpkin Cake-from here
3/4-1 C sugar
1 C pumpkin puree
1/3 C oil-I used half oil, half applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 C A/P flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda-added from comments 
pinch salt
2 tsp pumpkin spice
Nuts-optional
  1. Grease bread vessel with shortening.
  2. Add everything to bread maker.
  3. Choose cake setting, scrape down sides with spatula as it mixes.
  4. Add nuts at beep if desired.
  5. Turn cake out onto rack to cool.
  6. I chose to add a little powder sugar glaze once cool.
Enjoy a snack and 
Have a Happy Day:@)

1 comment:

  1. How great that you used your bread machine for a pumpkin cake! I’ll bet your house smelled so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!