Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Pesto & Parmesan Crescent Roll Christmas Tree

Pillsbury wrote this Pesto & Parmesan Crescent Roll Christmas Tree up as a three ingredient recipe. Mine ended up with a couple more ingredients, one because I wanted to add some roasted red peppers for color. And two because I, um, didn't re-read the instructions and didn't have a block of parmesan cheese... I ended up using shredded mozzarella and just sprinkling the canned parm over the baked rolls. I think it kind of looks like snow:@) We had this cute tree with spaghetti for Sunday dinner and I have to say, it was enjoyed by all!

Pesto & Parmesan Crescent Roll Christmas Tree-from Pillsbury
8 oz can of Crescent rolls
3 oz solid parmesan cheese
1/4 C pesto sauce
Optional: Roasted red pepper dried well between paper towels for garnish if desired
  1. Cut parm into 3 equal pieces, save one for grating (I used the grated parm in the can). Cut the 2 other pieces into 16 cubes each. (Or use shredded Mozzarella, messy but good.)
  2. Unroll dough, form into 12 x 9" rectangle, pressing seams closed.
  3. Cut into 8 x 4 squares, 32 total, you can see it here.
  4. Create the layers of the tree... 
  5. Wrap each square of dough around a cube of cheese. Pinch seam closed. Place seam side down onto cookie sheet (I lined mine with parchment paper). You'll make circles of dough, 10 pieces, 8 pieces, 6, 4, 3 and then 1 ball. Have the sides of the dough touching each other in their own groups/circle.
  6. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
  7. Using a wide spatula, remove largest circle to plate, brush with pesto, sprinkle with a little parm. Keep building up the layers the same way. 
  8. Add peppers for garnish if using.
Eat well and have a happy holiday season:@)

6 comments:

  1. I am absolutely making this for Christmas brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I'm chomping down all your peanut butter cookies, Bill would be focused on this fun savory croquembouche!!! I bet he'd even have a few for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have to say that your tree turned out so pretty!! I can understand why everyone loved it with your spaghetti dinner. The Parmesan does look like snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a festive idea for serving crescent rolls. Have a nice Friday and weekend Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it so very cute thanks for sharing oh I meant delicious but in this case cut counts as well lol
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!