This is a 6 cup (half bundt pan) recipe. It was scaled down so it could be made in a pressure cooker if desired HERE.
I did make one in the PC the same day and have to say, cakes ~really~ benefit from baking in the oven.
The oven rise is amazing, the PC cake was very dense.
I haven't tried this in a loaf pan yet, but look forward to trying it soon.
I used an inexpensive white chip... Yea, don't do that... I recommend Ghiradelli for the best results.
Don't hesitate to whip up this tasty little cake folks, I think you'll be glad you did:@)
Pumpkin Cake with White Chocolate Chips, Cranberries and Pumpkin Spice Glaze
-adapted from Barbara Bakes
1 1/2 C A/P flour
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 C butter, softened
3/4-1 C sugar-I used 3/4, add more if desired, you know your crowd...
1 C pumpkin puree
1/3 C white chocolate chips
1/3 C dried cranberries
- Mix first 6 ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, mix well. Add pumpkin, mix well.
- Add dry to wet and mix until just incorporated. Fold in chips and cranberries.
- Spread batter (it will be thick) into well sprayed 6 C bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit in pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto rack and cool completely.
1/4 C powdered sugar
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2-3 tsp Half and Half (or milk), or as much as needed for desired consistency.
~Mix well, drizzle over cooled cake.