Sunday Dinner Menu:
Fresh Cut Oven Fries
Raw Veggie Tray
Carrot Cake2 C A/P flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
4 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 C canola or vegetable oil
1 C sugar
4 C grated carrots
raisins and/or walnuts-optional
Cream Cheese Frosting
1/4 C butter
8oz cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
3 C powdered sugar
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- You can read very specific mixing instructions HERE, honestly, I just threw everything except the carrots, raisins and walnuts, into the bowl of the mixer. Started it slowly, then scraped down the sides and turned it up for a minute till mixed.
- Fold in the carrots, raisins and walnuts by hand. (I plumped the raisins in hot water while I mixed the rest, then gave them a squeeze to remove excess moisture.)
- Pour into baking dish, tap the dish on counter a couple times to remove air bubbles, and bake for 40-45 minutes. Cupcakes took 18-20 minutes.
- Frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese till smooth. Gradually add the rest. Beat until creamy scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Frost cake.
- A half batch gave me 11 cupcakes.
- I just added a small handful of raisins and nuts.
- Paper cupcake liners came off of the cake nicely.
- This is moist, soft, lightly spiced and yummy!