Monday, March 26, 2018

Macaroni Cole Slaw

This Macaroni Cole Slaw is a very nice, cool, crunchy, creamy salad folks! I loved that it combined two favorite side dishes and the cucumber was a tasty addition. Unfortunately I didn't have the water chestnuts, but I think they would have been great! This salad is substantial enough for an everyday meal and different enough for a holiday meal. With natural various shades of green, orange and white... I might dye the pasta a light yellow if serving this salad for Easter:@) Pasta dying technique HERE.
Why not whip up a batch the next time you make fried or BBQ chicken and call it dinner:@)
Five other coleslaw variations can be found HERE.
And... Five other macaroni salad variations can be found HERE.

Macaroni Cole Slaw-from Taste of Home
Salad:
7 oz macaroni or ditalini, cooked, drained, rinsed under cold water and drained well
14 oz cole slaw mix
2 medium onions, chopped-I used less, you know your crowd
2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
1 medium cucumber, finely sliced
1 medium green pepper, finely sliced
8 oz can whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped-I did not have these

Dressing:
1 1/2 C Light Miracle Whip-I used mayonnaise
1/3 C sugar
1/4 C cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
  1. Add all salad ingredients to large bowl.
  2. Mix dressing, pour over salad and gently toss to coat.
  3. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.

12 comments:

  1. What! Two of my favorite salads in ONE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha, me too! That's why I just had to try it:@)

      Delete
  2. I love, love any slaw, and adding it to pasta salad was genius!!! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I never thought to add pasta to cole slaw, Lynn! What a great combo for creamy, crunchy goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does look good. We have a ladies salad supper each summer and I may just try this then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never made this before but I have some cole slaw right now so it would be a good time to try it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might even be able to get the grandsons to eat cole slaw with the macaroni in it :)) What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. why don't you have a way to print your recipes recommendations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally figured out how add printable recipes! Thanks:@)

      Delete
  8. Love that combo Lynn! I would have never thought to combine the two but I can see how it would be tasty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great combination, this looks like real comfort to me and a great recipe for the picnics! Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe with us at Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds super yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!