I used the White Chocolate Spritz Recipe HERE and added lemon extract to the Strawberry Glaze.
The glaze can be flavored with any extract or... Sub the water with any flavorful liquor you choose.
The strawberries I bought:
A neat little bonus, I used my thrift store vintage Ateco plunger cookie press with the heart disc and it worked well!
That was fun:@)
Freeze Dried Strawberry Glaze/Icing
For each .7 oz bag of dehydrated fruit (approx 2.5 Tblsp powdered fruit, just use all that's in the bag):
2 Tblsp butter, melted
1/2 C powdered sugar
1/2 tsp lemon extract
approximately 1 Tblsp hot water
- Crush or run dried fruit through food chopper.
- Mix fruit, butter, powdered sugar and extract.
- Slowly add water, a little at a time, until the glaze is thick but somewhat liquid.
- Place glaze into icing bag and drizzle or spoon it onto cookies. Heat for a few seconds in microwave if it gets to firm.
- Allow glaze to firm up on cookies.