Egg Nog Glazed Spritz-adapted from Land O Lakes
1 C butter, softened
2/3 C sugar
1 Tblsp vanilla-yep, a tablespoon
2 1/4 C A/P flour
1 tsp ground nutmeg-freshly grated is best
1 C powdered sugar
1/4 C butter, melted
*1/4 tsp rum extract
*1-2 Tblsp water-however much needed to achieve desired thickness
- Cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Add dry and mix well.
- Fill press, form cookies on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from cookie sheet and while still warm, brush with glaze:
- Mix first three glaze ingredients in a bowl and add as much water as necessary.
- *I just used the sugar and butter, then added rum until I got a consistency I liked (less than 1 Tblsp).
- Brush over cookies.
- Optional-Decorate with sprinkles. Highly recommended-add an extra grating of nutmeg.
- Let glaze set up.