Monday, March 30, 2015

Zesty Deviled Eggs with Cheddar and Horseradish

I'm guessing you might have a few dozen extra hard boiled eggs this weekend... If you're thinking about trying something new this Easter, these Zesty Deviled Eggs were really different! Finely shredded cheddar cheese, horseradish and dry mustard are the zesty ingredients, mayo is the binder. I decided a little slice of grape tomato for garnish would play nicely with the horseradish, and look pretty:@)
I will say, even in my self declared "year of parsley", this recipe does call for a lot... You might want to cut back a bit.
While paprika is an optional ingredient, I do highly recommend sprinkling it on top.
And oh yes, I'm adding the bacon label to this post, it's a natural for this combo!
These eggs are best eaten the day they're made.

A few fun ideas for easily decorating deviled eggs for Easter can be found HERE.

Zesty Deviled Eggs-from Cooking Tip of the Day-please stop by to see her method of making them
12 eggs, hard boiled, cut in half and yolks popped out
1 C cheddar cheese, finely shredded
4 Tblsp fresh parsley, finely chopped-I'd use less
4 Tblsp mayonnaise-I used a bit more
2 tsp prepared horseradish
1 tsp dry mustard
S&P to taste
bacon, cooked and crumbled-optional-my suggestion
paprika for sprinkling on top-optional-but recommended
Tiny cooked shrimp, sliced olives, pimentos, parsley, etc for garnish
  1. Mash yolks. Thoroughly mix in the cheese, parsley, mayo, horseradish, mustard and S&P. 
  2. Fill the whites with the yolk mixture. 
  3. Sprinkle with paprika and garnish as desired.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

11 comments:

  1. So pretty, Lynn! I need to make deviled eggs for Bill---he loves them and I haven't in years!
    P.S. Thanks for noticing that I forgot to include the cake recipe! I'm glad you visit so early :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look and sound great Lynn with the bite of the horseradish! Love the pop of color from the tomato too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Full of flavor, colorful and delicious. Great combination of flavors and I really like all of the paprika.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are gorgeous! Lynn, you are officially the Queen of Deviled Eggs!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love deviled eggs in any form! I agree, you are the D.E. Queen!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family would love the horseradish addition, Lynn, and I love the pop of color from the cherry tomato. You always have me craving deviled eggs...I'd better get hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know you like 'zing' and zest in your stuff. cute! i do agree with 'from the kitchen' about the d.e. queen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love your deviled eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love deviled eggs and this recipe looks so good. thanks so much for the recipe.
    Have a wonderful Easter.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! Deviled eggs are a definite Easter dish here. Will try your zesty ones.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you have dressed up your deviled eggs, Lynn. If I changed our traditional recipe I think I would be lynched. I'll have to make several just for me. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!