Saturday, April 5, 2014

Veggie Medley Deviled Eggs and Decorated Deviled Egg Ideas for Easter

I was tickled to see the 50 Deviled Eggs booklet in this month's Food Network Magazine. These Veggie Medley Deviled Eggs jumped right out at me and I love the addition of cream cheese! They are very flavorful with just the slightest bit of crunch. On the odd chance you have any of these leftover they'd be a great addition to macaroni salad or even diced for an egg salad sandwich.  
As a wink and nod to my life-long battle with the rabbits... Alternate title: Bunnies in the Garden-again:@)
Pin It
Here are a few more fun ideas, you don't need to embellish every egg, just a few on the platter can make a big impact! Click the title for the link:

Edible Flower Embellishments
There's a link to edible flowers on the post.

Dyed Deviled Eggs
I like to dye the whole egg before cutting it in half, leaving the tops white for Easter.

Colored naturally and great on their own or as deviled eggs!

Veggie Medley Deviled Eggs-from Food Network Magazine, April 2014
  1. One dozen hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced in half.
  2. Mash yolks and mix with 1/4 C softened cream cheese, 1/4 C mayonnaise and 1 tsp dijon mustard. 
  3. Stir in 2 Tblsp each, finely diced: red bell pepper, broccoli, celery, carrot, scallion and parsley. 
  4. Season with S&P, mix well and spoon into eggs.
  5. Top with diced cucumber-I didn't add this.

19 comments:

  1. the deviled eggs at the top look great. my father always pickled eggs with beet juice. yucko!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started bringing deviled eggs to get togethers a few years back and people gobble them up so fast...like little piggies....
    They all say "I haven't had these in years".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love deviled eggs so very much! These are all so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love deviled eggs! And I love eggs pickled with beet juice. I always serve both at Easter but need to add them more often during the year.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all so very cute! Especially love the carrot cross ones!
    Thank you for sharing these with us.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The eggs look so good! I like your carrot crosses, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The veggie deviled eggs do sound good. The other dyed ones? Not so attractive to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post Lynn with so many great ideas. Love those eggs with the veggies, they sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous array of pretty deviled eggs, each being very individual and interesting. I remember your adventures with the bunnies from last year :)
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ideas Lynn! I'll be making your Amish pickled eggs today. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynn, Out of all the 50 Deviled Eggs in FN magazine, I whipped up a batch of veggie ones too :) Yours look so pretty the way they are piped! I thought the cream cheese was a great addition along with the additional texture & crunch of the veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh. You are talking my language now. I just happen to have 4 dozen farm fresh eggs in my fridge right now AND some cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The veggie deviled eggs sound great, Lynn, and thanks for sharing all the other ideas as well. I hope you're having a good Sunday with your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing. I love the Easter Season. All the pastel colors and a beautiful way to get spring going.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all beautiful and look tasty, too. Pinning to my Easter board. -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com
    History & Home link party, Tue-Fri, weekly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun post! I love deviled eggs...all kinds. I adore pickled eggs too! ...both beet and Pub eggs....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Deviled eggs have a way of appearing at our table every holiday so I have appreciated all your good ideas for preparing them. Easter I will be adding pansies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these! Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are SO pretty! I am not a big deviled egg fan, but I bet I'd love these! I love your bunny, sorry you have had issues with the little critters!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!