Saturday, March 28, 2015

Money Butterflies

Easter, Mother's Day, spring birthdays... These Butterfly Dollar Bills are a cute way to give money as a gift, I loved tucking them into a pot of flowers as a little something extra. The folds are very simple and two literally whipped up in less than 30 minutes. I wired them together with a pipe cleaner that was long enough for the antenna too. (Used a tinsel one because, you know, a little bling makes everything better:@) Looped and snugged up a piece of wire to the bottom of the pipe cleaner so I could stick them into the planter. Each butterfly requires two bills, crisp new ones are especially nice.
This is a fun little project that is sure to bring smiles!
A complete picture tutorial can be found HERE (gotta love Pinterest!).

17 comments:

  1. I know some special grandkids that would love to receive one of these $ butterflies. This is a must try for me to do. Thanks for the inspiration, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how pretty! You have such great ideas, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the PAnies are very pretty. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute. Going to check out that tutorial! Hope your spring is going well. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are just too cute!!
    Hope you are enjoying your Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen money butterflies...that's genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore these! I'm saving instructions to try later. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saving this- great for the grandkids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Money butterflies wish I could find some.
    Merle............

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen those. What a clever idea and so adorable too.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness! Im always looking for creative ways to give my step grandson money. He loves money! (who doesnt!) lol. anyways.. that was perfect timing. not so sure how he feels about butter flys... but I know he'd love getting 4 - 5.00 bills!
    thanks for sharing!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now who wouldn't love a visit from these butterflies! Just adorable! Pretty pansies and I love your flying pig!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never seen anything like this before! I love the idea and with two little grandsons growing bigger every year I know they will come in handy soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun idea! My kids would get a kick out of this (especially since they'd get money in the process!!).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too clever Lynn and so pretty among the pansies! I'd never seen this before, they'd be cute as a package embellishment too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!