Common daylilies are edible,
I spent some time researching it and decided to remove the stamen because one article said to.
2 C Half and Half
1/2 C 2% milk
2/3 C sugar
2 egg yolks (leave out if you don't want to use them)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp orange extract
15 day lillies (mix of flowers and buds)
- Add all to a blender, mix well.
- Chill for one hour.
- Add to ice cream maker, following directions.
- Tastes like Creamsicle Ice Cream to me!
- It's very pretty with the flecks of color in it.
- Sub some heavy cream for part of the half and half or milk if you'd like.
- Am I suggesting you run out and pick your flowers to make ice cream? Na, this is just something fun and different to try if you'd like to.