This dip is "slap yo mamma good!!!".
Hope you love it if you try it:@)
2 (8oz) cream cheese, room temperature
1 C sour cream
1/2 C finely diced celery-don't skimp!
1/2 tsp black pepper
4 Tblsp butter*
1 (4oz) package of dried beef, diced*
4 Tblsp milk
4 tsp dried onion
1 tsp garlic salt*
Mix sour cream, milk, dried onion, garlic salt, pepper and cream cheese. Add dried beef and celery, mix well.
Put into a casserole and dot with butter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Serve warm with Triscuits or assorted crackers.
- Pictured is half of the recipe. I used a Corning Ware 23oz dish I bought for leftovers.
- I used a 2.5oz jar of beef, not a problem!
- I don't have garlic salt and feel salt is already well represented in this recipe, so I just added a heaping 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- I cut back on the butter too, might even leave it out all together.
- Water crackers are my favorite, but I think this would be good with bagel chips or that fun miniature loaf of rye bread you can get at the deli counter (of every supermarket but the one I shopped at today...).
- I know Crayola won't be calling to name a crayon after this dip... Please don't let the lack of color stop you from trying this, I think chopped chives would be a pretty addition to the top once out of the oven.
- This morning I topped my bagel with the leftovers, the BEST bagel I've ever had!
- Noted variations (I haven't tried), sub 1/4C celery and 1/4C green pepper for the 1/2C celery, and you can also add 1/2 C chopped walnuts.
- ...no mamma's were actually slapped in the making of this dip!