Monday, September 2, 2024

Not-So Impossible Quiche, No Bisquick

I've made my share of Bisquick Impossible Pies over the years, and if I happen to have the baking mix in the house, I'll use it. But do you know what I ~always~ have in the house? Flour and baking powder:@) So I thought I'd share my quick Not-So Impossible Quiche, it's easy to switch up the meat and veggies for what your crew likes, or to use up leftovers. And my absolute favorite thing about this is, once it's cooled, you can wrap it and it freezes beautifully. 

Talk about a portable breakfast... I pop a frozen one into my bag, and simply reheat it in the microwave at the office. Easy, convenient, and a protein packed whole foods start to the day. Doesn't get much better than that folks.

Not-So Impossible Quiche
4 eggs
1 C milk
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 C A/P flour, can sub half whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Few grinds of black pepper
1 Tblsp butter, most of the time I leave this out
*Lots of:
Ham, sausage, cheese, spinach (half of a 10 oz pack squeezed dry), cooked broccoli, cooked potatoes, peppers, onion
  1. Spray 9" pie plate.
  2. Add meat, veggies, and cheese to pie plate.
  3. In blender, mix eggs, milk, onion powder, salt and pepper, flour and baking powder.
  4. Mix on high for a couple minutes, scraping down the sides at least once.
  5. Pour mixture into pie plate.
  6. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
  7. Allow to cool on rack for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Eat Well and Have a Happy Day:@)

1 comment:

  1. I love these pies, Lynn, and freezing the extras. I’ll bet you’re the envy of the office.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!