Saturday, January 8, 2022

ReView: Frosty's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day -And Barbie Earmuffs DIY

I had hoped to share one last cookie this holiday season, the idea was to use up some leftover candy canes. I started with the Dummy Proof Roll Out Cookies (which worked great in my original post) and added six crushed candy canes. Well, I'm surprised news crews weren't showing up from everywhere to cover the carnage! Kinda looks like a crime scene, like Frosty went postal...

Oh well folks, there were a couple that didn't melt as much,
but all in all, this idea was a total bloggy blooper!
Perhaps we'll, um, try something different next year...

And now for something that ~did~ work... These headband earmuffs just might be the easiest "craft" in the history of Barbie projects folks... They only require the ring from a plastic bottle, a couple pom-poms, and some hot glue-done! This is one of those silly little projects that's fun for sleepovers or birthday parties, the girls can pick out their favorite color(s). I used 1/2" pom-poms, and can see girls color coordinating them with the doll's outfit (but of course white goes with everything, especially if you have a few dolls to dress:@) 

A note about which bottle ring to use: I tried this with a thinner water bottle ring, and while it worked, it didn't fit snuggly. I ended up using a sturdier ring from a bottle of vinegar. Pom-poms can be found anywhere from craft stores, to Walmart, to Dollar Tree.

Barbie says, let's all stay warm this winter😎

And have a happy day!

5 comments:

  1. Lynn, I'm chuckling at your title and commentary, I bet they tasted good despite the 'carnage'. :) Barbie's earmuffs are adorable! P.S. I put up my winter tree and think about you every time I see your sweet bird ornament. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was totally laughing and so was Hubby at your peppermint debacle...LOL. Also love the ear muffs, so very cute! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh my, thank you Lynn for showing your blight blooper and giving me a chuckle! The first picture really dud look like some cookie carnage. I bet the cookies still tasted good, though, and gave your boys a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too bad about the cookies Lynn. I am sure they tasted good though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!