Saturday, May 8, 2021

Saturday ReView: Mother's Day Pizzelles & DIY Swaddled Barbie Baby

If you're looking for a nice light dessert for your Mother's Day brunch, may I suggest pizzelles. Yep, like the cookie press and spritz cookies, I do use mine year-round:@) One of my favorite ways to give them a little something extra is to add colorful sprinkles (nonpareils) to the dough. This is a fun idea for any special occasion, and I called them Birthday Pizzelles in my original post. 

It was a beautiful day and Barbie, Joe, baby (and photographer) were thrilled to be at the lake for Mother's Day enjoying the spring weather! Things are beginning to green up nicely and it gives promise of great days ahead.

Puffy clouds floating by on a cool breeze...
But nice and warm when the sun was out.

(Joe's thinking he'd much rather be holding a fishing pole than flowers...)

But he says honestly, it's not a bad way to spend a special day😉
Swaddled Newborn tutorial here.
My garden swing is from the thrift store $1.
And while a tad snug, Ken clothes do fit GI Joe (for the most part).

Editorial Note: I was looking forward to my first photo shoot at the lake, couldn't believe it when I got there and all of the picnic tables were roped off because of Covid19! Believe me, I was glad I kept props, etc, very simple because I set-up on a park bench and ended up squatting down to take pictures. This park isn't too far from home, I'd like to continue with pics as the year goes on and seasons change... Hopefully things will get back to normal soon and I can pack a lunch and make it a true outing😎

🌼Happy Mother's Day Everyone-enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. The pizzelle is so pretty Lynn! And Barbie and Ken on the swing with the bay is adorable! Very clever and sweet! Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day, Lynn. It looks like Barbie had a great one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!