Monday, February 24, 2020

Mediterranean Cucumber and Radish Salad

If you're looking for an easy, fresh side dish, may I suggest this Mediterranean Cucumber and Radish Salad. It's light and puckery and hints to warmer weather right around the corner... The original recipe used English cucumbers, I bought large waxed cucumbers and peeled them. And of course this would be amazing with garden cukes. The key to the best, biggest and brightest flavors is to mix this salad and serve it immediately:@)

Mediterranean Cucumber and Radish Salad-adapted from The Mediterranean Dish
2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced-or long large cukes
1-2 shallots-I sliced up a couple scallions
4-6 radishes, thinly sliced
fresh dill-I forgot to add the dill... 
3-4 Tblsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tblsp white vinegar-I used cider vinegar
juice of half a lemon
1 tsp dried oregano
S&P to taste
~Mix everything and serve immediately.

Eat well and have a happy day:@)

3 comments:

  1. The radishes add a pretty pop of color to the cucumbers, Lynn. I’m always in favor of a good cucumber salad to add a little crunch to my meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so refreshing, a great Spring and Summer salad! Love your Mardi Gras Pigs :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Two ingredients that Bill will not eat, LOL. But I do. Sounds so easy and tasty!! I love buying those mini cucumbers and this would be a great way to use them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!