Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Barbie-The Original As Seen On TV Ad? And new at the stores...

Ha-ha, if Mattel only knew how far the marketing term "as seen on TV" would go! Pinterest says this is an old 1959 ad from the LA Times, thought I'd share... 


And what have I seen at the stores lately? My Walmart completely re-set the Barbie isle, new to me is this Barbie World Series of playsets for $10. Not totally new ideas, just repackaged in a more modern way. Farm animals and garden:

A grill and Adirondack chairs:

And sink and hammock:
Cute and fun, 
be sure to grab it while you see it for gifts. 

I've seen this careers series of clothes and props at Dollar Tree forever. Doctor, astronaut, baker, veterinarian, artist... Perhaps they always sell out fast, but the fireman/woman outfit is new to me. I grabbed one thinking it might be cute for a Halloween party diorama if nothing else:@) The hat is great but just solid yellow, I thought we could do better and channeled my inner Mattel... 

I added the 59 to the shield with rub on numbers:@)

Have a happy day😊

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Barbie for $2.98, and clothes for $1! I love your embellishment of the yellow helmet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up on Dollar Tree. I've picked up most of the career costumes for my annual doll donation but hadn't come across the fire outfit. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if I can locate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!